Well. It has, again, been a while. Just don’t have much to say lately, probably because I’m not finishing anything knitted. 😦 So, I’ll just check in with a few quick comments.
- My Clapotis is coming along and may some day be finished.
- I can’t seem to get through a whole sock lately. It’s not SSS (2nd sock syndrome) – it’s truly FSS (1st sock stupidity). I’m just picking bad patterns or making bad ones up as I go along, or bad match of pattern/yarn/needle. Or something. I have one OTN now in Kollage Luscious (cotton/elastic), but it’s a bit unstretchy and sort of…hard. Since the yarn felt yummy soft when I knitted it upon sz 2.5 needles, I’m guessing that sz 1 was too far a dip down. 😦
- Christmas knitting is not happening. I give up. I am a selfish knitter, and will knit what I feel like knitting when I feel like knitting it. Tee hee!
- My in-laws have arrived for their annual visit, and we did manage to get the 4th bedroom (spare room) mostly done in time for their arrival.
- It’s painted, the new floor is installed, and the curtains are back up. Fred built a big platform for the air mattress the in-laws sleep upon when they visit, so it sort of looks like a real guest room (not really). But at least a 68 yr old and a 70 yr old aren’t sleeping on the floor anymore!! On the down-side, there’s no baseboards in the room yet (need to be re-installed, including a large portion that had to be replaced. )
- The upstairs hall is a different story. Painted, yes. But no floor yet. The wood trim for the new pony wall (beautifully stained oak, looking very antique) is not yet installed. Husband worked with father-in-law to put up the chair rail this weekend. Woot!
- I organized my stash last weekend and realized just how much (and how little) I really have. LOL! For me, it’s a lot, something like 19,000 yards of yarn! Compared to other people’s stashes, I’m a piker, I have nothing – my stash was in five little plastic file folder boxes, and two boxes that are each 1/4th the size of the file box (one for sock yarn, one for scraps). It’s nothing, but I’m pretty fond of it anyway.
- This stash organization involved pulling out every single ball/skein/hank of yarn, and categorizing it as either Worsted and Heavier or DK and Lighter (not including sock yarn), and then placing it in a box with similar-size buddies. So, now I have 3 boxes of worsted and plus, 1 box of DK and minus. Yes, in doing this, I managed to consolidate the yarn into 4 boxes, instead of 5. I am, indeed, a stash piker. Still, that so-called “small” amount of yarn is a bit embarrassing to me, as I haven’t a clue what I will do with most of it.
- My Thanksgiving week resolution (New Year’s never works for me) is to only purchase or otherwise acquire yarn for which I have a specific project (pattern) in mind and only if it is a sufficient quantity to complete that project. (i.e., no more lonely-only skeins of yarn from Karma Yarn Swap on Ravelry unless it’s enough to make something in particular that I already have in queue or in favorites, or can find a pattern on Rav for before claiming.) 🙂
- I’m on vacation this week, which should be nice and quiet, as I have no real plan, just going to hang out, knit, maybe go to the LYS, get my nails done, stuff like that.
That’s about all I have. Told you, not much new. 😦
ETA: I do have one rhetorical question, though…how could Casey take Ravelry down for maintenance today? Doesn’t he know I’m on vacation and need to play there? Yeesh…(kidding, of course, but it does seem a bit like Murphy’s Law – I have time to play on Ravelry on a Monday morning, so Ravelry has no time to play with me! LOL!